Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Comparisons

So just how does the Biggest Loser plan differ from what my real life has to offer? Using this article as my info source this is what I have come up with...

Daily calorie intake:
Biggest Loser ~ Multiply your current weight by 7 (6 if you're on the show): That's 1260 calories for me. (1080 if I were on the show).
My Life ~ My spark people meal plan suggests that I stay in the range of 1350 - 1700 calories and I actually average about 1510.

That's a pretty decent difference! I couldn't imagine cutting out so many more calories!

Calorie burn:
Biggest Loser ~ On the show the contestants are said to burn 2,000 calories a day! The official Biggest Loser diet suggest 30 minutes a day up to 60.
My Life ~ I have the goal in spark people for 30 minutes of cardio 3 times a week. I do that and I do some weights/strength exercises as well. My typical weekly calorie burn is about 1,000.

Again a pretty big difference!!

It's no wonder that my scale has yet to ever proclaim a 6 pounds in a week weight loss.

It seems unreal to me to cut more calories and especially to do that and then workout even more! In Sparkpeople if I log more workouts that have been planned I get a little message that says if I'm going to make a habit of that much working out then I should change my plan so my calories can be increased!

Well enough of that little exercise. My scale trumpeted another 1 pound loss this week!! So excited to see it going down. I actually think that I really like the slower process of losing weight. It makes me feel like it'll stay away since it took longer to leave. Its like every pound has taken its time, said its farewells and moved to Antarctica where it can keep an elephant seal warm.

In other good news for the week, I got my bike all tuned up and road ready! Took it for a little spin this weekend and loved it! Though I use the bikes at the gym it has been a very long time since I actually got on a bike and I was seriously afraid that I had forgotten how to ride (at least in the sense of staying balanced). Though I was a little wobbly at first I have not forgotten!! The bad news for the week is that after being spoiled with bizarrly warm weather (even for California) we are looking at a forecast of actual wintry weather, so outdoor riding may be off the agenda for a while.

Vital Stats:
Weight: 182.8 (literally just 1 pound after another!)
Elephant Seals in need of fat: 700,000!! Lets give it to them!
Birthday weight goal: 173 (that's 9.8 pounds 7 weeks from now, so looking for a little bump in the weekly numbers)

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the great work! I didn't realize how few calories the BL's get, and I didn't know that they had to burn so many calories. Makes my periodic 2-3 pounds a week feel pretty darn good.

    ReplyDelete