Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Starting fresh


Confession time: One of the biggest frustrations I have with myself is a lack of follow through.  I know that I can accomplish goals, but I easily allow myself to be distracted. This blog and the weight loss journey that it represents are perfect examples. I haven’t shared anything since April 11… today is September 7. That is a long time. The blog hasn’t been quiet because I have lost the weight and I have nothing more to add. It hasn’t been quiet because I am just too busy spending time at the gym or hiking on trails. It’s been quiet because I haven’t been pursuing my weight loss goals in recent months, even though I would rank them high on my priority list.

That’s just the way I am sometimes. Even though I want to accomplish something so badly for myself, I just don’t always have the commitment and follow through needed to make it happen. Now I know that nothing happens immediately, especially large goals. But sometimes I just don’t have the patience for months of hard work and dedication. I joke with myself that my husband is really lucky I’m committed to him, since he (and our dogs) seem to be the things I commit to most successfully.

So here I am again, gonna give it another try. Still hoping that blogging about my goals and struggles will help me stay motivated and on track. The summer has not been that bad to me, up until a couple of stressful weeks at the end of August. For a while there I was hitting the gym pretty regular and incorporating more weight lifting. I loved it and my arms got pretty buff. But then life happened and derailed my gym activities, but my arms are still kinda buff so it’s not all wasted.

Vital Stats:
Weight: 184 (up 4 since April, but I’m pretty sure that it could have been worse.)
Weekly goal: Just -1 pound.
Journal Plan: 3 times a week (sometimes here, sometimes just for me)



No comments:

Post a Comment