Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I have not given up but I have quit

My apologies to you for not posting in 6 weeks (or something like that). And my apologies to myself for not following through on the weight loss. Lots of IFs roll through my head about this time... If I had kept at it I might weigh ____... If I hadn't made too much dinner and then eaten it all I might have stayed motivated.

Well the IF game is not fair.

The reality is that I did not follow through on my track and therefore I have not seen my goals attained, yet. These goals are important to me and I am going to attain them!

Today I weigh in at 186.6. Right about back where I started this mission at.

The saddest part is that I was enjoying the workout routine I had created and I let the busy feeling of the Holidays and some sickness derail that routine. I will enjoy it again.

With the new year has come one of the best decisions I have made as an adult; a decision that will hopefully have an impact on my health and my ability to get a good workout: I quite smoking!! Now I realize that you may not all know that smoking had become such a part of my daily routine, but it had. I didn't get in the car without smoking. I was averaging about 13 cigarettes a day and it didn't take much for me to go even more than that. Poor Zeus doesn't know how to go out side and do his business on his own because I have always gone out with him and smoked. At least he didn't when I first quit. Now I am 17 days without smoking, I have not smoked 223 cigarettes and I have saved $70.30!!! I have a nifty app on my phone that keeps track of all of these things. Anytime that I would think about going outside or stopping to buy cigarettes I would look at the statistics as the reminder of where I was heading. Now I just check it once a day out of curiosity, mostly about the savings because that is just amazing. So even though I have not worked out or lost weight I have done something great for myself!

Sorry for the rambling nature of this post. After so long of not posting my brain is just jumbled with things that I have thought of sharing and its hard to get it all organized.

As a reminder of my stats:
Weight: 186.6
Time since a workout: 6 weeks

1 comment: